Lunes, Marso 18, 2013

The Divine Mercy Novena


The Divine Mercy Novena

By , About.com Guide

Introduction:

The Divine Mercy novena began as a private devotion which Our Lord revealed to Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska. The words of the prayers were dictated by Christ Himself to Saint Faustina, and Saint Faustina recorded in her diary Our Lord's instructions for each day's prayer.
Christ asked Saint Faustina to recite the novena starting on Good Friday and ending onDivine Mercy Sunday, the Octave of Easter (the Sunday after Easter Sunday). The novena can recited at any time of the year, however, and it is often accompanied by theDivine Mercy Chaplet, which Our Lord also revealed to Saint Faustina.

First Day:

For the first day of the Divine Mercy novena, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all mankind, especially sinners. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me all mankind, especially all sinners, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me."

Second Day:

For the second day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of priests, monks, and nuns. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious, and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Third Day:

For the third day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all the faithful. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Fourth Day:

For the fourth day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Christ. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me, I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy."

Fifth Day:

For the fifth day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all those who, while Christians, have separated themselves from the Roman Catholic Church. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Sixth Day:

For the sixth day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all little children and the meek and humble. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence."

Seventh Day:

For the seventh day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all those most devoted to His mercy. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me the Souls who especially venerate and glorify My Mercy, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over my Passion and entered most deeply into My spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death."

Eighth Day:

For the eighth day, Saint Faustina recorded these words of Christ: "Today bring to Me the Souls who are in the prison of Purgatory, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice."

Ninth Day:

For the ninth day, Christ asked Saint Faustina to pray for the sake of all the souls who have become lukewarm in their belief. She recorded the following words of Our Lord in her diary: "Today bring to Me the Souls who have become Lukewarm, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out: 'Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.' For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy."
Source: http://catholicism.about.com/od/divinemercy/p/Novena_DM.htm

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento